16.9.09

DAY 7.....................UTAH -> NEVADA


9-15-09
Day 7 of 9
Thrift Store #9
Desert Industries in Salt Lake City, Utah

Thrifty Goodness Rating: 7/10
When I walk into any thrift store, I immediately scan it for other young, hip, experienced shoppers that might have already picked through everything and left nothing cool for poor little me. This store was in a cool part of town, so it was crawling with cute young people. But I decided to stick it out, and I'm so glad I did, because there were some really great finds here! Sadly, I spent too much time in there and only had time for this one store today. But look for 3 tomorrow to make up for it!

Still a little irked at myself for not buying these odd little fellas. But they were deceptively big and heavy, and the novelty of them would probably wear off in about 3 days.

I got the white one. Very 60s flight attendant.


SLC reeeally loves their prints!

Is it fair to be jealous of a little girl who snagged this great vintage baby doll stroller? Well I was.


***********************************************************************
Etsy Vintage Seller #6
Rebecca from Max&JaxVintage
Denver, Colorado
---> Her house was more like a museum! This gal has antiques and vintage in her blood--she was brought up going to antique auctions and still seeks out highly collectible, incredibly beautiful antique pieces. Love all her horse-related collections!











*********************************************************************
And now........ off to CALIFORNIA (not LA yet, but Sacramento and San Francisco. Having a little trip-almost-over withdrawl, but so excited to make it to the other coast!!)

3 comments:

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Hi there, I just wanted to let you know I just wrote about your blog/vintage adventure on my blog: http://www.thriftaholic.net I hope you don't mind that I included some of your pictures in the post.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm really really enjoying your trip. I wish I could do the same thing myself, apart from the fact that I live in England.

What clothes did you buy for yourself? Is that nosey? Maybe when you get a chance you can post some pictures of your finds that you're keeping?

Can't wait to read more!

Polly x

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

looks like a lovely day. i'm lovin me those horse pillows on her couch. the baby stroller...i covet that as well.