10.3.09

A Year in the Life -- 27 years 1 day

As you can see from my first and only blog post (below,) I am a very infrequent blogger. Yikes--it's been almost 2 years since I wrote that one.

I have thought many times about maintaining a daily blog, since, according to some very good friends, I lead an interesting and eccentric life that is worth writing about.

So I had this great idea that maybe I would blog every day of my 27th year of life, which incidentally starts TODAY. It will be composed of things that a slightly nomadic, Craigslist freelancer and aspiring creative type does in her day-to-day life. And let me just say that I haven't felt such an explosive outpouring of words and thoughts since I stayed up all night on Ritalin writing essays in college.

Every day, I will post new photos and links to some of my favorite things that I find during my daily scouring of the great vastness that is The Internet. On an average day, I probably spend 4-9 uninterrupted hours on this computer (no joke.) And you will not believe the cool, random, crazy freaking stuff I find...

Naked City Photographer > http://www.mirukim.com/nakedcityspleen/richmond.html

"Dove Evolution" Commercial > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

Beautiful Libraries > http://curiousexpeditions.org/2007/09/a_librophiliacs_love_letter_1.html#more


In closing, I had a friend tell me once that this would be “my year.” I guess I really took that to heart. Maybe it’s superstition, maybe just blind faith. But lately, I've been feeling kinda like this:



According to OnlineConversion.com
27 years = 9861.5394 days
Geez, I hope I spent that .5394th of a day well.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: